Spanish-Speaking Loan Officer Assistant - Melville
Retail Sales Lending Division
The Federal Savings Bank, a national lender and 5-time “50 Best Mortgage Companies to Work For” winner, seeks an organized, outgoing, optimistic, and overall outstanding Spanish-Speaking Mortgage Banker Assistant (alliteration enthusiasts encouraged to apply)! As a Banker Assistant you will be an integral member of our Long Island retail lending team. This position is based in the Melville, NY loan production office and reports to the Senior Vice President of Residential Lending. Candidates must reside in the area at time of application and Spanish language fluency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist top Mortgage Banker serving as primary liaison among customers, internal operations support, realtors, title companies, and real estate attorneys
- Help manage Mortgage Banker borrower and realtor pipeline while working with Processing, Underwriting, and Closing teams to ensure loans are closed in a timely manner.
- Prepare mortgage applications and disclosures for signing
- Structure loans in Encompass loan origination system
- Review loan guidelines and analyze borrower qualifications
- Consistently exceed borrower expectations and Realtor/Builder expectations. Always giving "Wow" service
- Marketing tasks to include maximizing the Mortgage Banker’s CRM and past client business
- Help organize events for the Bankers such as realtor luncheons, borrower meet 'n greets etc.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (native or fluent proficiency), required
- Ability to work in our Melville, NY office Monday-Friday; must reside in the area at time of application
- 1 + years of experience as mortgage loan processor, loan officer assistant, or mortgage loan originator required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Encompass strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) preferred
- Creative and proactive thinker
- Collaborative team spirit, positive attitude
- Superior time-management and organizational skills
Miscellaneous Preferred "Requirements":
- Likes to happy hour, especially during patio season
- Uses the phrase "crushing it" unironically
- Is a morning person, or at least can fake it with enough coffee
- Knows how to use GIFs properly
What We Offer:
- Base Salary plus bonus
- Generous paid time off plus sick time
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance plans and partial 401k match
- Leadership coaching to help succeed in life, both professionally and personally
- AMAZING team of talented peers!
Apply for this position